Monday, August 20, 2007

One year later...

It wasn't fair. This time was supposed to be about Janet. She earned it, dreamed about it, and yearned to celebrate it. Instead I trumped her new mommy status and 31st birthday with a heart attack.

If it were me I would have been bitter, sad and a little jealous. I would have resented the fact that I couldn't complain because I would appear selfish and insensitive. But the truth of the matter is Janet was forced to surrender the spotlight too soon after Goo's birth.

I know we're not talking the trials of Job here, but Janet missed the special attention and celebration of her second child and her birthday in the same three weeks. Today I celebrate the birth of my wife. Someone who rarely gets the special one time offer, the parking space closest to the door, or the on-sale dress in her size.

Too often Janet gets: the bitter co-worker, mayo on her chicken sandwich, a watered down DP, an ebay sniper waiting to outbid her, an insensitive husband and a self-absorbed son.

I love you pretty. Thank you for all that you do, that never gets acknowleged.

Hopefully this year will be a much Happier Birthday!

buz

2 comments:

Jill said...

Well, hark! Gotcha a little bloggy of your own, huh? What a sweet tribute to your wife...I saw two tears slide down my cheeks and onto my keypad when you called her pretty. Tender. You guys are funny and tender. Love it.

Kelly from Montana said...

Best name award goes to you!!! Love the blog! Thanks for the gift to us all!